SQL Server Standard Edition with server/CAL licensing is relational database server software offering tools for data storage, management, analysis, and reporting.
This offer provides one Standard Edition server license. SQL Server with server/CAL licensing requires each user or device that accesses the licensed server to have a client access license (CAL). For additional information about the available editions of SQL Server and its licensing requirements, see the Guide to SQL Server Editions and Licensing.
Which Version of This Software Is Available?
You can find out which version of this software is available on the Current Versions of Microsoft Products page. You can download the software in any language that's available.
Benefits for Organizations
If you have experience deploying relational databases, you can use this edition of SQL Server to
- Serve data to a customer relationship management (CRM) platform
- Analyze data collected by your organization
- Support a dynamic website or intranet site
- SQL Server Management Studio: This graphical interface manages all SQL Server components with rich scripting capabilities. The Policy-Based Management component can create policies that manage entities on the server, such as the instance of SQL Server, databases, and other SQL Server objects.
- Online Transaction Processing: The OLTP engine allows quick access to large amounts of data.
- Failover Clustering Support: This feature minimizes disruption of service by connecting to other servers to provide service in case one fails.
- Multidimensional Data Analysis: The online analytical processing (OLAP) and BI Semantic Model (BISM) models allow you to analyze multidimensional data from multiple perspectives and in a tabular model.
- SQL Data Tools: The tools included provide a development environment integrated with the .NET framework and Visual Studio. Developers can build web, enterprise, and data-aware mobile applications on premises and in the cloud.
No Software Assurance
This license does not include Software Assurance. Without Software Assurance, you will not have the right to install new releases of this product. You will not be able to add Software Assurance to this type of license.
Obtaining This Product
To install this product, you'll need to access the Microsoft 365 admin center. When your request has been approved, TechSoup Asia will send a message to your organization email address with further instructions.
If you need help obtaining this product, find out how to download it.