Visio Professional is software for creating diagrams. Users choose a template, drag shapes to the drawing, connect the shapes, and add text where needed. Visio Professional contains all features of the standard edition of Visio plus specialized tools that are better suited for more technical projects. It also allows linking diagrams to data sources and having more than one person work on a diagram at the same time.
This offer provides one license for installing the software on a single device. See a summary of Volume Licensing Product Terms for specific licensing details.
Which Version of This Software Is Available?
You can find out which version of this software is available on the Current Versions of Microsoft Products page. You can download the software in any language that's available.
Benefits for Organizations
You can use Visio Professional in the following ways.
- General users can create flowcharts, organization charts, office layouts, and more.
- IT professionals can plan and document existing networks, proposals for new infrastructure, and directory services.
- Engineers and facilities managers can create electrical, mechanical, and process engineering schematics.
- Developers can create entity relationship diagrams for proposed database schemas and map and troubleshoot existing Internet or intranet sites.
- Templates: Visio includes templates for
- Charts (organization charts, flowcharts, and marketing charts)
- Project schedules (calendars, timelines, and Gantt charts)
- Maps (directional and geographic)
- Cause-and-effect diagrams
- Block diagrams
- Basic network diagrams
- Basic office layouts
- Themes and styles: You can add sets of colors, fonts, and effects to an entire diagram with a single mouse click. Each theme has several variants. In addition, you can also apply styles to individual shapes to make them stand out. Effects include such things as shadows and glows.
- Threaded conversations: A commenting pane allows reviewers' comments to appear in threads.
- Co-authoring: If a diagram is stored in SharePoint or OneDrive, several people can work on it at once. An icon appears on the diagram to show parts that someone else has changed.
- Links to dynamic data: Shapes in a diagram can display data from external sources like SQL Server or Excel spreadsheets.
- Cloud storage: The default location to save diagrams is the user's OneDrive.
No Software Assurance
This license does not include Software Assurance. Without Software Assurance, you will not have the right to install new releases of this product. You will not be able to add Software Assurance to this type of license.
Obtaining This Product
To install this product, you'll need to access the Microsoft 365 admin center. When your request has been approved, TechSoup Asia will send a message to your organization email address with further instructions.
If you need help obtaining this product, find out how to download it.
- See Office system requirements.
- Microsoft installation technologies:
- Office applications that are version 2019 or later must be installed using Microsoft Click-to-Run technology instead of the traditional Windows Installer (MSI) technology. Click-to-Run technology is the same technology that is used to install the Office applications that are included with Office 365 subscriptions.
- You can't install multiple Office products on a computer if the products are the same version but use different installation technologies. In some cases, you also can't install two different versions of Click-to-Run applications on the same computer. For more information, see Microsoft Office support.