System Center Orchestrator is a workflow management tool for automating the creation, monitoring, and deployment of IT resources.
This client management license (ML) allows one nonserver device to be managed by System Center Orchestrator. If a device has multiple operating system environments (OSEs), a separate ML is required for each OSE managed by Orchestrator.
Benefits for Organizations
If you have a dedicated IT department and staff with datacenter administration experience, your organization can use Orchestrator to
- Automate processes in your datacenter, regardless of hardware or platform
- Automate your IT operations and standardize best practices to improve operational efficiency
- Connect different systems from different vendors without using scripting or programming languages
Other types of System Center licenses are also available. For more information, see TechSoup Asia's Guide to System Center Products and Licensing.
The right to run System Center management server software is included with the MLs. If you request this product, you can obtain management server software for Orchestrator. The software includes a runtime version of SQL Server Technology (SQL Server Standard Edition) to support System Center. No additional licenses are needed for management servers or SQL Server technology.
MLs do not require media, license keys, or setup codes.
CALs, ECLs, and MLs offered through TechSoup Asia are always for the currently offered version of the server software. However, these licenses can also be used with earlier versions of the server software.
Obtaining the Server Software
Installing the server software requires you to download the software from the Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC) and enter a license key. You can download any available version or language for your product.
Expect two emails:
- When your request has been approved, TechSoup Asia will send a message to your organization email address. This email will confirm the number of licenses you have requested and provide information about how to use the VLSC once Microsoft accepts your license agreement. Make sure the email address in your organization details is up to date by visiting your account.
- Microsoft will send an email welcoming your organization to the VLSC. This email will indicate that Microsoft has accepted your license agreement. After you receive this email, you'll be able to follow the steps in the first email you received from TechSoup Asia to obtain your product through the VLSC.
Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.